TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE EVENT
These General Terms and Conditions (hereinafter the “Terms and Conditions”) govern the legal relations between European University Foundation, located at Château de Munsbach 31, rue du Parc 5374 Munsbach Luxembourg, registered in the Trade and Companies Register of Luxembourg under no G190 (“EUF”) and third parties regarding the participation in the event “Student Mobility Summit – EWP Back to the Future”. These Terms and Conditions apply in addition to the ones of Inviton, which regulate the sale of tickets for the event and all consequential matters.
The attendee declares that before purchasing the ticket they are acquainted with the content of the Terms and Conditions and agree with them and accept them without reservation.
The event is the “Student Mobility Summit – EWP Back to the Future”, more information is provided on the relevant website https://summit.uni-foundation.eu.
The whole event shall last three-day: 1,5 days for conference with panel discussions and parallel sessions, 1,5 days for multiple parallel training sessions.
The event shall be held from: 30 January 2024 to 1 February 2024.
The venue of the event shall be the University of Barcelona, as will be better specified on the relevant website and/or on the tickets for the event.
The event tickets are offered through the platform Inviton, whose terms and conditions may be found here https://inviton.eu/terms-and-conditions. Please note that it is not possible to purchase tickets without registering to Inviton’s platform and accepting their terms and conditions, as well as the present Terms and Conditions. All payment shall be processed through Inviton’s gateway pursuant to Inviton’s terms and conditions.
For the event, EUF shall offer through Inviton the following kinds of tickets:
- Early Bird (all-access pass for both conference and trainings) with a promotional discounted price if purchased before the date indicated in the purchase options;
- Full Pass (all-access pass for both conference and trainings)
The attendee acknowledges and agrees that, as is also stated in Inviton’s Terms and Conditions, EUF has the right to make changes to the program of the event (which will be published on the relevant website). By way of example, should some of the trainings not reach a minimum number of attendees EUF has the right to cancel such trainings and reallocate the attendees to different ones.
When registering, users may apply discount codes both for the Early Bird and the Full Pass options. We have issued discount codes strictly for EUF members and their staff. The attendees acknowledge that in case of improper use of such discount codes by individuals who do not fall under the specific categories for which the codes have been issued, EUF has the right to unilaterally cancel the relevant registration (penalty cancellation). The attendees acknowledge and accept that in cases of penalty cancellations no costs shall be reimbursed from EUF to the infringing individuals for the cancellation of the purchased tickets.
The attendee may request the cancellation of their ticket within 14 days from the relevant purchase, and in any case no later than 1 January 2024. After the aforementioned deadlines, should a change in the event program substantially deprive the event of interest for the specific attendee, EUF may evaluate individual, specific, and motivated requests to cancel the relevant tickets (late cancellation) or pass it on to a different individual (name swap). In the event of a late cancellation, the EUF will deduct an administrative fee of 70 EUR from the reimbursement of the participation fee. In any case the attendee wishes to request a cancellation or a name swap, they shall contact EUF via e-mail at email@example.com. Pursuant to their terms and conditions, Inviton does not accept any direct cancellation or refund request without a written confirmation from EUF.
The attendees acknowledge and accept that in any case of ticket cancellation, whether upon request of the attendees themselves, due to a change of the programme, or due to an infringement by the attendees themselves, no other cost than the ticket fees shall be evaluated for reimbursement. Regardless of the reason, no other cost shall be reimbursed (e.g. travel and accommodation costs).
The registration deadline shall be 15 December 2023 but EUF reserves the right to prolong such deadline.
The attendee acknowledges and agrees that photo and video recordings may be taken during the event and they might be used by the organisers in connection with public relation or advertisement activities (both print and online publications).
More information on the potential use of photos and video recordings in relation with organised events is available in the section below. The attendee shall read the information provided carefully, and if they do not wish to agree to the processing of their personal data by us or to the terms and conditions regarding the attendance to the event, they shall not register/attend to the event as by clicking the register button, and submitting the relevant form we will log their consent.
PHOTO AND VIDEO RELEASE WAIVER FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE EVENT
European University Foundation (EUF) the event “Student Mobility Summit – EWP Back to the Future” to be held live which will take place at the University of Barcelona;
the participant, at the moment of registration
as required by the applicable laws, we wish to inform you about the processing of your personal data and your rights, you as follows:
- Data Controller
The Data controller is European University Foundation, located at 16C rue de Canach, 5353 Oetrange, Luxemburg, registered in the Trade and Companies Register of Luxembourg under no G190 (hereinafter, EUF).
In order to contact the Data Controller on privacy matters, it is possible to write to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The event is organised in cooperation with the University of Barcelona. The updated list of Data Processors and Authorized Processors is available by contacting EUF at the same address.
- Personal data subject to processing
In order to carry out the activities related to the event and to satisfy your request for updates on the events and activities organized or promoted by EUF, we use your identification data including contact details (home address, telephone and e-mail), photos and videos of the above event you decide to participate in.
- Purpose, legal basis and nature of processing
The collection and processing of your personal data is done in order to:
- allow you to participate in the event;
- be able to carry out the obligations inherent to the initiatives and activities organized;
- involve you in initiatives and activities organized or promoted by EUF;
- fulfil any obligations of managerial, administrative and accounting nature related to the Data Controller;
- fulfil any legal obligations
- fulfil the reporting obligations related to the event;
- pursue the legitimate interest of the Controller.
In relation to the fulfilment of obligations provided for by state laws, regulations and EU legislation, or by provisions issued by authorities empowered to do so by law and by supervisory or control bodies, the relevant treatment does not require the consent of the person concerned.
The provision of the above-mentioned data is functional to the participation in the event and is a necessary requirement for access to related activities. Failure to provide such data will make it impossible to execute the registration, your request to participate, and to comply with the obligations related to them.
The Data Controller may process your personal data in order to
- inform you in paper and/or telematic form (newsletter) about the activities organized and/or promoted by the Controller;
- communicate them in part to collaborators or entities in partnership.
The communication of such data is optional, but necessary in order to receive updates on the activities mentioned. You may object to this purpose of processing at any time. The opposition will not have any effect on the pursuit of the main purpose of registration or participation in the event.
The data you provide will be treated according to the principles of fairness, lawfulness, relevance, proportionality and transparency for the management of the relationship and to respond to your requests.
The Controller does not use automated decision-making processes concerning your personal data and does not make profiling.
Your personal data will be processed in paper, computer or telematic form by the Controller’s internal staff and external collaborators authorized to process them. The list is available from the Data Controller, by contacting them at the above address. The data may also be collected and processed by subjects with which the Controller’s collaborates. The data may also be communicated to service providers of the Controller such as, computer service companies, outsourcing companies, cloud services, consultants and professionals, insurance companies, credit recovery companies, fraud control companies, institutions and/or patronages, companies or organizations the Controller has appointed as responsible for the specific treatment and whose list is available at the Data Controller, contacting them at the above address.
- Data transfer
The Data Controller does not transfer your personal data to third countries outside the European Union, however it reserves the right to use cloud services in accordance with the provisions of Articles 44 et seq. of the GDPR.
- Data retention
Personal data will be stored until the cessation of the Controller’s activities related to the purposes indicated above, and in compliance with their legal obligations. Personal data that does not need to be stored in relation to the purposes indicated, will be deleted or transformed into anonymous form. The information systems used to manage the information collected are configured, already in origin, in order to minimize the use of the same.
- Rights of the Data Subject
As a data subject, you may exercise the rights under Art. 15 et seq. GDPR according to which:
- you can obtain confirmation of the existence or not of personal data concerning you, even if not yet recorded, and their communication in intelligible form;
- you can obtain information on: a) the origin of the personal data; b) the purposes and methods of processing; c) the logic applied in the event of processing carried out with the aid of electronic instruments; d) the identity of the Data Controller and Data Processors; e) the subjects or categories of persons to whom the data may be communicated or who can learn about them as appointed representative in the State, managers or agents;
- you may obtain: a) the updating, rectification or, when interested, integration of data; b) the cancellation, transformation into anonymous form or blocking of data processed unlawfully, including data whose retention is unnecessary for the purposes for which the data were collected or subsequently processed; c) certification to the effect that the operations as per letters a) and b) have been notified, as also related to their contents, to the entities to whom or which the data were communicated or disseminated, unless this requirement proves impossible or involves a manifestly disproportionate effort compared with the right that is to be protected;
- you may oppose, in whole or in part, for legitimate reasons, the processing of personal data concerning him, even if pertinent to the purpose of collection.
Where applicable, you also have the rights under Art. 16-21 GDPR (Right of rectification, right to be forgotten, right to restriction of processing, right to data portability, right to object), as well as the right to complain to the Supervisory Authority.
Requests should be addressed to the Data Controller at the above-mentioned address.